These are many ways in which you can connect with fellow patients and family members, directly or indirectly, through the Kidney Society.
Your involvement can be large or small, visible or invisible, ongoing or a one-off.
For us, and for your fellow patients, every little bit helps!
Here are some ideas:
- Making yourself available as a contact for other patients or family members
- Writing a story for the Kidney Society News
- Telling us how we are doing
- Donating quality goods for our TradeMe sales (contact us to check what we need)
- Donating new goods for our raffles programme
- Selling raffle tickets or becoming a regular raffle seller – contact us to find out how
- Helping with the News mailout once every two months
- Collecting Baxter boxes for us to sell – provided you can drop them off at our Centre
- Remembering the Kidney Society in your Will
- Helping with mailouts of the Kidney Society News
- Being a financial member. While services are free, paying a $20 annual subscription gives you voting rights and helps us financiallyAsking businesses to donate surplus stock, samples or promotional material
- Helping to promote the Society and its work
- Sending us a photo we can use on our website
- Encouraging your employer to support us through sponsorship or donations of cash, goods or services
- Donating wheelchairs and other equipment such as recliner chairs and PD trolleys you no longer need to give away to others
To find out more about any of these or offer other help or suggestions, contact us.
To find out which staff member to ask for, click here.